Important Safety Information
This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to important safety information. To avoid accidents and personal injury, read and obey all safety messages that follow this symbol.
Before each use of the Non-Latex Professional Resistance Bands, follow these Instructions:
- Professional resistance bands should be used for its intended use only.
- Consult your physician before starting any exercise program. Children and persons with medical conditions should not use this product unless first approved by a physician.
- The exercise tips we show are guidelines. They do not replace any instructions or directions your doctor or therapist might give you.
- Inspect the product for damage before each use. Check for any damage and where the brand may have been attached to an anchoring point. Do not use if torn, punctured or nicked. Discard damaged product.
- Remove all rings, watches and jewelry before exercise.
- Use in an open area where you can move freely and the band will not get caught.
- For beginners, perform exercise without the product until you are comfortable, and then begin exercises with this product.
- This product is not a toy, Keep out of reach of children or pets.
When using the Professional Resistance Bands, always follow these instructions:
- Never use a resistance band to lift a person, or any other object above the ground.
- Avoid sharp objects, that may puncture or tear the band such as long sharp fingernails, or objects on the floor or under your shoe.
- Any resistance band can break or slip from its anchoring point during use. It can strike your body or cause you to fall.
- Wear eye protection.
- With standing exercise BODY ALIGNMENT IS CRITICAL. Square your balance at all times. Be sure to practice the safest posture possible by maintaining the natural spinal curve.
- Maintain proper stance during exercises.
- Check the security of any attachment to accessories or your feet before beginning the exercise.
- Do not snap the resistance band towards anyone’s face or body.
- Do not let go of the band if it is under tension.
- Do not over-stretch the product (more than four times its length at rest).
- As with any exercise program, muscle soreness may be experienced over the first few days.
- If your pain should persist for more than four days, consult your physician. Do not exercise while experiencing pain.
- Avoid hyper-extending or over-flexing the joints when exercising. Don’t lock the joints.
- Breathe evenly while performing these exercises. Exhale during the more difficult phase of the repetition and do not hold your breath at any time.
- Perform all exercises in a slow, controlled manner. At no time should you feel “out of control” Take control of the product rather than letting it control you. Do not allow the band to snap back.
- Exercise with the color/resistance level of product that was prescribed to you by your clinician. If you feel this color resistance is too light or easy, consult your practitioner prior to increasing to the next color/resistance.
- If you have any dizziness, trouble breathing increasing pain or begin to feel sick with the exercises, stop and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Children should only use if prescribed by a doctor, and only with adult supervision.
Caring for the Professional Resistance Bands:
- Detach from any accessories or anchoring points after each use.
- Inspect after each use. Discard the product if nicks, tears or punctures are found.
- If exposed to chlorinated water (swimming pool, spa, hot tub) the band muse be rinsed thoroughly in tap water, and then allowed to air dry.
- To Clean Use a mild soap and warm water to clear, then pat dry.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight, and extreme temperatures.
*Not made with natural rubber latex
TheraBand®, the Color Pyramid* Design, and the Associated Colors trademarks are property of Hygenic and/or its subsidiaries and may be registered in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use is seriously prohibited. ©2018 Performance Health All rights reserved.
Made in Malaysia Distributed by The Hygenic Corporation 1245 Home Ave. – Akron, OH 44310 USA